This year, no doubt, banana ice cream will be my savior. I’m trying to improve my eating habits, you observe (I understand, lolz throughout ), and banana glaciers cream is really a frozen snack I can feel great about. A portion plus of fruit, y’all! No added glucose! (Usually.) Suitable being a breakfast time meals! (Though I haven’t used it this significantly; not yet, anyhow. Speak to me again in July.)
Plus it’s a great way to use up leftover sweets: simply stir in the processed foods of the choosing chimney cake and ice cream voila! – you’ve just created a fresh ice cream flavor. You rock! (Once again I refer you to this post See, e.g., the Banana Almond Pleasure Ice Cream.)
So here is a mix I came up with last week and also have been eating ever since. I love shredded coconut in banana snow cream – I think the shreds make it a bit lighter, fluffier, and more voluminous than it might otherwise become. But maybe that’s simply me? Whatever, it’s delish. No glaciers cream machine or sizzling hot, sweaty stovetop cooking required!
Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Ice Cream
(Makes slightly below one particular quart of glaciers cream.)
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/3 cup shredded coconut
sugar to taste (optional)
1. Toss the chocolates chips in to the meals processor and pulse until they’re broken up into smaller pieces.
2. Add the bananas and blend until smooth. Probably you will have to stir them yourself several times, as the freezing chunks have a tendency to gather and be stuck” using one side of the bowl. If required, add a splash of non-dairy milk or creamer to get things moving!
Alternately, it is possible to permit the bananas to defrost on the counter for 30 to 60 minutes beforehand, in order that they’re easier to use. Before placing them in the food processor, break them up into smaller sized chunks having a butter knife.
Be aware: Since introducing extra fluids (such as nondairy dairy) into the mix results in a slightly icier finished item, I prefer defrosting to non-dairy milk. If you are in a hurry, pop the bananas in the microwave for 20 to 45 mere seconds instead.
3. If the bananas aren’t special enough woman taste (occasionally this happens if you freeze them before they’re sufficiently ripe), add a bit of glucose to flavor. Any sugar works great – white, brownish, etc. – but I find that powdered sugars leads to a smoother mix.
4. Add the cocoa powder and shredded coconut and pulse until combined.
5. Enjoy immediately as smooth serve, or pop the ice cream within the freezer for an hour+ for a firmer dessert. Shop any leftovers in the freezer in an airtight pot. When the freezing banana snow cream proves too much to scoop, microwave it for ten secs to help release it up (or let the container sit on the counter for ten to 30 mins prior to eating, depending on area temp).
Be Sociable, Share!
One Reaction to Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Snow Cream”